Bible & Ministry Certificate
This study is a two-year program designed for the person who desires advanced ministry training without focus on General Education courses such as Math and Science. The student has the option to select a particular area of specialization by taking elective courses pertaining to that area.
The Bible and Ministry Certificate provides advanced biblical studies and ministry training in preparation for a life of faithful ministry within the Church and community.
The Bible and Ministry Certificate will equip the student to:
- Effectively study, apply, and teach the Word of God.
- Effectively evangelize and disciple.
- Develop a biblical worldview.
- Serve in ministry roles within the local church.
Program Requirements (60 Credits)
Biblical Studies (18 Credits)
- BI-BS1101 Introduction to Bible Study (3 Credits)†
- BI-NT1101 New Testament Survey (3 Credits)†
- BI-NT2101 Life of Christ (3 Credits)†
- BI-OT1101 Old Testament Survey I (3 Credits)†
- BI-OT1102 Old Testament Survey II (3 Credits)†
- BI-TH1101 Introduction to Biblical Living (3 Credits)†
Christian Ministry (15 Credits)
- CM-CD1101 Evangelism & Discipleship (3 Credits)†
- CM-ED1101 Introduction to Bible Teaching (3 Credits)†
- CM-IM1101 Missiology (3 Credits)†
- CM-PA1101 Introduction to Servant Leadership (3 Credits)†
- CM-WA1101 Theology & Practice of Worship (3 Credits)†
- or CM-WA2101 Ethnodoxology: Culture and Arts in Worship (3 Credits)†
- or CM-WA3101 Media in Ministry (3 Credits)†
General Education (15 Credits)
- GE-EN1101 English Composition I (3 Credits)
- GE-EN1102 English Composition II (3 Credits)
- GE-PH2101 Introduction to Philosophy (3 Credits)
- GE-SS1101 Developing Interpersonal Relationships (3 Credits)
- GE-SS2101 Marriage & Family (3 Credits)
Electives (12 Credits)
- BI/CM Biblical Studies or Christian Ministry (12 Credits)
Christian Ministry Training: 4 Semesters
† Indicates a “core” course in which a grade of C or better is required for graduation.