Bible & Ministry Certificate
This study is a two-year program with an emphasis on providing the student with a solid foundation for ministry and leadership in a local church. The student has the option to select a particular area of specialization by taking elective courses pertaining to that area, or to pursue an interdisciplinary curriculum.
The Bible and Ministry Certificate is designed for the student who desires a strong biblical and ministry foundation in preparation for effective ministry within the local church and community. A core of Bible and ministry courses enables the student to gain a solid foundation in preparation for Christian ministry.
The Bible and Ministry Certificate will enable the student to:
- Have a basic understanding of the Scriptures and theology.
- Accurately study and apply the Word of God.
- Be equipped for Christian service.
- Effectively witness, disciple, and communicate the truth of God’s Word.
- Develop a basic Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ministry.
To earn a specialization in a particular area, all 17 Bible or Ministry elective credits must be selected from the following groupings:
- Biblical Studies Specialization: Any combination of courses with a course number beginning in “BBL.”
- Intercultural Ministries Specialization: Any combination of courses with a course number beginning in “CMM.”
- Pastoral Studies Specialization: Any combination of courses with a course number beginning in “CMP.”