Distance Ed Services
Searching for Books
- Visit the online library catalog.
- Use the Search form to search for a particular title, author, or keyword.
Note: In addition to borrowing physical books, distance education students may also do research online using the online databases to which the library subscribes.
After you locate a book through the steps above, follow these procedures to borrow the book.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request books to be sent to you. In your email, include the following information:
Your instructor’s name
- If you are an extension student, the books will be delivered to your instructor, from whom you may pick up the books during class.
- If you are a modular or online student, the books will be mailed to you.
Note: Reference books cannot be checked out without special approval from the Library Director. Reserve books may only be checked out in-person from the main library, unless special approval is given by the Library Director.
When finished with your books, return them to the main library through any of the following means:
- If you are an extension student, give the books to your instructor during class.
- Return the books to the main library in person.
- Mail the books to the main library:
Alaska Bible College Library
248 E. Elmwood
Palmer, AK 99645
- Books borrowed from the “Reserve” collection must be returned directly to the library that houses the book.
Note: Students are responsible for all library materials until they are returned. Any replacement charges for items that are not returned will be added to the student’s school expenses.