Distance Ed Services
Students studying in ABC’s distance education programs, including online, modular, and extension classes in Anchorage and Glennallen, enjoy full access privileges to ABC’s library resources. If you cannot visit the main campus in person, please follow the instructions below to request resources to be delivered to your location. Limits on loan times and limits on number items borrowed are included in the Library Handbook.
After you locate a book through the steps above, follow these procedures to borrow the book.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request books to be sent to you. In your email, include the following information:
Your instructor’s name
- If you are an extension student, the books will be delivered to your instructor, from whom you may pick up the books during class.
- If you are a modular or online student, the books will be mailed to you.
Note: Reference books cannot be checked out without special approval from the Library Director. Reserve books may only be checked out in-person from the main library, unless special approval is given by the Library Director.
When finished with your books, return them to the main library through any of the following means:
- If you are an extension student, give the books to your instructor during class.
- Return the books to the main library in person.
- Mail the books to the main library:
Alaska Bible College Library
248 E. Elmwood
Palmer, AK 99645
- Books borrowed from the “Reserve” collection must be returned directly to the library that houses the book.
Note: Students are responsible for all library materials until they are returned. Any replacement charges for items that are not returned will be applied to the student’s school bill.