Admissions Policies

Basic Academic Requirements

Applicants must provide official high school transcripts or proof of completed high school equivalence requirements. You must submit your final high school transcript or equivalent qualification to receive any financial aid.

It is expected that the applicant has maintained a “C” average or above. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to take action of provisional acceptance when these requirements are not met.

Applicants must provide ACT or SAT scores unless they are over 25 years of age or have been a full-time student for at least one semester at another college. Information concerning test dates can be obtained from most high school guidance offices or go to or

Adult Students (25 and older)

Adults who are at least 25 years old and wish to enroll do not have to take the ACT or SAT exam. If you are not currently in an academic program, you may have an employer instead of an academic advisor complete your academic reference.

Dual Enrollment Students

Students in their junior or senior year of high school may enroll in ABC courses at a reduced tuition rate of $150 per credit hour.  Dual enrollment students must be at least 16 years old and demonstrate a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or above.  Course load is limited to six credit hours per semester.  In addition to the non-degree registration form, dual enrollment students must complete the “Dual Enrollment Release Form” available in the Registrar’s Office.

English as a Second Language Students
Non-native English speakers who speak English as a second language must provide a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 for written test and 173 for computer-based test.
Homeschooled Students
ABC welcomes homeschooled students.  At ABC, you will find a welcoming community with small class sizes that many homeschooled students have found helpful in transitioning to college life.  Many of ABC’s students have come from homeschooling backgrounds.

There are no special admissions requirements for homeschooled students.  They must simply meet the basic academic requirements as listed above.

International Students

We cannot accept international students at this time

Transfer Students
In addition to meeting the basic academic criteria listed above, students who have completed previous coursework at other colleges must provide official transcripts from all colleges previously attended, including a statement of status at time of withdrawal.
Persons with Disabilities

Alaska Bible College aims to make all college services, activities, facilities and privileges accessible to qualified persons with disabilities. Accommodations will be made on an individual basis.

Students with a disability which might affect their academic performance or access to classes, learning, programs or facilities at Alaska Bible College and require accommodations or auxiliary aids and services should contact or visit the Student Development Office to discuss possible accommodations.

These accommodations are available to all students with a qualifying disability; however, it is the responsibility of persons with disabilities to seek available services and make their needs known to the Student Development Office.

Our aim is to provide qualified individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in all curricular activities, services, facilities and privileges available at ABC. This goal is accomplished by providing and coordinating support services that enable students to maximize their educational potential.

Accommodations may include services such as extended time, alternative formats and readers for exams, and other appropriate disability accommodations.

Returning Students
Students may return to ABC after taking more than two semesters off by completing the following requirements:

  • If more than three years have elapsed, complete the full Application Form.
  • If more than two semesters but less than three years have elapsed, submit the Application for Returning Students.
  • If less than two semesters have elapsed, simply register for courses through Populi or your Academic Advisor.
  • Provide official transcripts from all colleges attended in absence.